Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Memories.

Why are your memories so subjective? They don't see to work at certain times of the day, but are stellar at other times during the day. You don't remember to finish (or start) your homework, flush the toilet, turn off the lights, put your dishes in the dishwasher or throw your clothes down. But what amazes me is how sharp your memory is 3 minutes before we have to walk out the door. In a burst of clarity you remember that you need lunch money, it's library day, you need a swim suit for gym, a poster board for a project, a treat for your class. Funny how that works. You remember all the details of the adult story I told my friend...while you were supposed to be playing in the basement and you seem to retain all the information from family vacations that I don't even remember taking, but you don't remember that I asked you to have your room clean by the end of the weekend or that you were grounded from electronics for two days. I guess I should count my blessings that you never, ever forget to give me hugs and tell me that you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment